Love those sweet potatoes! And they’re great all year round with recipes like this one. In addition to being a delicious and filling side dish, they pick up grill marks beautifully so they look as good they taste.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- .25 cups grape seed or olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut on a diagonal into about half-inch thick ovals. Not necessary to peel, but your choice.
- Blanch the slices of sweet potato, then pat dry and let cool to the touch.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, sugar and cinnamon until incorporated. You can adjust the ratios to your liking, these measurements are approximate.
- Toss the sweet potato slices in the oil mixture until all surfaces are evenly coated.
- Grill for 10-20 minutes, flipping several times to get good marks. Keep an eye on them and pull off when the texture is to your liking. Every grill is different and the time on the grill will vary depending on how much you cooked them during blanching.