Ah, raw cacao powder. Adding this antioxidant-rich and nutrient-dense super food into regular pancakes takes an average weekend breakfast to fancy and healthy new heights. Put some banana slices in there too and people will wonder what you’re celebrating. Or up to. The answer, of course, is awesomeness.
- .5 cups white flour
- .25 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- .5 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil + more for pan
- 1 egg
- 1 large or 2 small bananas, sliced into thin rounds
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients and beat until egg is consistent.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until fully incorporated.
- Heat a pan over medium and spread a thin coat of oil on the bottom.
- Spoon a half cup or less of batter into pan and top with several banana slices.
- Flip when bubbles dot the top. The second side will cook in a fraction of the time.
- Serve immediately, banana-side up, with natural maple syrup if you like.
This recipe is not very sweet – best for dark chocolate lovers. Easy to adjust for any palate: increase the sugar by one or two teaspoons and/or decrease the cacao powder by same.